CBSE is launching a new course on ‘Storytelling as Pedagogy’ and has invited affiliated teachers and principals to take up this course and learn how to use storytelling to bridge the diversity gap in multicultural students across the country.
CBSE has released a circular on the importance of storytelling as a pedagogy and has invited principals and teachers of all CBSE schools to attend a webinar and join a course to understand how it can be implemented in teaching.
The circular explained that classrooms across India are multicultural with students coming from diverse backgrounds.
“It is pertinent to have inclusive classrooms, create empathy in the classroom and allow students to reach universal understanding through the personal experiences of other students and community at large,” stated the CBSE circular.
It went on to note how stories about other students and communities at large can build bridges across students by opening their minds and allowing them to appreciate and celebrate diversity.
“The magic of storytelling changes the atmosphere in the classroom and in so doing enhances the learning environment,” it said.
Course on storytelling
On this note, CBSE is offering ‘Storytelling as Pedagogy’ as a course on how to use this tool “to explore regional and cultural diversity of our country, to integrate stories into the curriculum at all levels, to find out new storytelling methods, to create variety of new stories, and to fuel the power of imagination and creativity.”
The course on storytelling will comprise one webinar, course material and assessment by using Google Classroom.
The webinar shall be conducted in different languages and will be live-streamed on the CBSE YouTube channel wherein the experts will share the details of the course and its nuances.
- Points to note for CBSE school teachers and principals on the CBSE webinar
- There is no need of registration.
- Join the webinar by clicking on respective link given in the Annexure A.
- Course material and assessment shall be available in respective classrooms.
- Link of Classrooms shall be available on
- http://cbsestorytellingaspedagogy.blogspot.com from June 14, 2021
- Link of the classrooms on above domain shall be changed when one Cohort is filled.
- Participants are advised to join only one Cohort and use the available current link at the time of joining.
- Participants can join the classroom and assessment by using their @cbsedigitaledu.in ID only.
- Board has shared teachers’ IDs with the schools through the CBSE Centre of Excellence. Teachers, who did not receive cbsedigitaledu.in ID, can contact concerned Centre of Excellence through their school, individual request will not be considered.
- Certificate shall be awarded to the participants on successful completion of assessment.
- Assessment Link in the respective classroom will be available for the participants from July 1, 10:00 am to July 28, 4:00 pm.
- Participants are advised to fill the assessment form with utmost care. One participant can submit assessment only once.
- Spelling of the name and email id shall be checked twice while submitting the assessment form. Any mistake will reflect in the certificate.
- Participants can download their certificates from August 5, 2021 onwards from the CBSE Training Portal https://cbseit.in/cbse/training.
- The medium of course material and assessment will be English only. Principals and teachers of all the schools affiliated to the Board are requested to join the course. Participation guidelines are given at Annexure A.
- More details of the webinar links in different languages, classroom codes, and a guide on how to enter the online classroom and join the course are provided in the CBSE circular.